4.8.07

Waking up is hard to do

Damn it. I want to be nocturnal again. I’m always so freaking tired at the end of the day. I’m not use to this. Want to feel the joy of staying up the whole night, knowing that half the world is already asleep. I don’t even know why I’m like this now. Maybe it’s the senior stress. Maybe it’s the lack of exercise. Maybe it’s the absence of someone who left me for a reason. I don’t really know.

The other day I dozed of really early. I did that on purpose. You see, I can’t really write anything when there are people around me. The living room is not really the ideal place for our computer if you ask me. I had to write this paper for my Ethics class. I know that I can't type a single paragraph knowing that my family members are all around me, awake and living their lives. I usually wait for all them to go to bed until I go down, slither quietly to the computer, and do my thing. But was I was so freaking puffed out. It was only 9 pm and I’m still 600 words away from my paper to be passed at 8 am the following day. I know I had to do something. I know my limitation and I know I can’t force my self to do the paper now or to try and stay awake. I took a very extreme risk. I slept. I set my alarm at 2:30 am so I had 5 and a half hour to finish the paper.

My alarm went off. Waking up was a struggle. Dawn comforts me like a soft pillow and a nice blanket. I know I need to get up. I went straight to the bath room and stung myself with a cold shower. I took a walk afterwards just to keep myself up. I never expected it to be my best walk ever. Manila seems different two hours before half of its population wakes up.

(to be continued)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where's the sequel of this entry? WordPress is good, btw.